For cardboard products, there are several adhesives available
- Standard waterbased white PVAc glues (polyvinyl acetate) “wood glue”
- PVA/PVOH (poly vinyl-alcohol) glues, especially in manufacturing processes. These glues are waterbased!
- Hot melt glues, for quick attachment and closing/sealing cartons
- PUR Hot melt, to laminate e.g. honeycomb with a flat layer to produce constructions, like furniture.
- Dextrin adhesives and starch adhesives are interesting adhesives for biodegradable and biobased purposes, as these adhesives are often 100% based on starches from potatoes, wheat and corn.